UMAC is offering a limited number of grants to complement travel and accommodation costs to the UMAC Annual Conference in Prague, August 2022 (with NATHIST, ICME, ICR, included in the 26th ICOM General Conference).
These are not to be confused with ICOM YOUNG MEMBERS GRANTS, a program run by ICOM Paris.
You are eligible to the UMAC Travel Grants if:
– you i) are a UMAC individual member, you ii) have a permanent job with a UMAC institutional member, or you iii) are a PhD student developing research on university museums, collections or a related topic.
– AND you have paid ICOM membership fees for the past 2 years (2020-2021) or if you have paid ICOM membership fees for 2021 and 2022 (in case you are a new member)
– AND you have not received a ICOM or UMAC travel grant in 2019 (Kyoto)
All awards are made through a competitive process, and are based on demonstrated financial need and merit. Preference will be given to candidates from UMAC strategic geopolitical regions (Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Middle East).
USE OF GRANT
The grant should be used for travel and accommodation costs only.
Grant recipients may be asked to assist the conference organisers during the conference; information on specific expectations will be communicated after the selection process is complete.
The support of ICOM and UMAC should be acknowledged in the presentation.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
to be sent separately to UMAC Secretary Wenjia Qiu:
– Current Curriculum Vitae, indicating training, work experience, publications, as well as current work responsibilities within your institution (max. 2 pages)
– 500 word motivation letter for attending the annual conference, justifying the need and how attendance will benefit your career goals
– copy of the ICOM card
– Letter of support from your supervisor, in case you are a PhD student
– Letter of support from the Director of your institution, in case you are applying through a UMAC Institutional Member
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM
Submit your application for a UMAC Travel Grant here.
DEADLINE: 28 February 2022, midnight Lisbon/London time.